School Direct and Initial Teacher Training
Why choose School Direct with us?
School Direct is a way of training teachers, which puts schools at the heart of the process.
The Aspirer Teaching Alliance, in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University, have designed a programme for the initial training of both Primary and Early Years teachers which is school based.
You won't be a student; you'll be an Associate Teacher, working in the classroom alongside the teacher in one of our core alliance schools, taking on the role of a class teacher from the start.
Successful completion of the course will award you a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 60 Masters Credits.
- spend the entire year learning how to teach in a real classroom;
- work towards being an outstanding teacher;
- have experience of working in two contrasting schools and key stages over the course of the year;
- be mentored by your Learning Coach, who will be an experienced, expert and outstanding teacher;
- have a good expectation of employment in an Alliance school at the end of the course;
- follow a rigorous but rewarding programme of professional development;
- have lots of opportunity to collaborate with other Associate Teachers.
To apply please click HERE and type in Aspirer School Direct as the provider. Applications will open in October 2017. Click on "Recruitment and Selection" on this page for lots of helpful information that you will need before you apply.