Introduce Zippy’s Friends and Apple’s Friends in your school
This event will take place between 9:00am and 4:00pm on 04/07/2019.
• School-based programmes proven to help children to develop coping and social skills
• Over 1 million children reached in more than 30 countries
• Recognised by OFSTED, the World Health Organisation, the European Platform for Investing in Children and the Early Intervention Foundation
• Evidence-based programmes that work with the whole class to promote mental health
• Research shows Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) programmes significantly improve children’s academic performance
Zippy’s Friends for 5-7 year-olds
• The resources* include everything you need to teach the programme including lesson plans, children’s resources, Home Activities to engage parents, and an Inclusion Supplement to support children with SEN
• Children learn through stories, role play, drawing and discussion activities
• Once trained, teachers can use the resources year on year at no extra cost
Apple’s Friends for 7-9 year-olds
• Builds on what has been taught in Zippy’s Friends but can also be taught on its own
• Children practise and develop effective coping and social skills through stories, role-play, drawing and discussion, activities and games
• Everything you need to teach the programme is included in the resources* pack including lesson plans, posters, DVD and certificates
You can find out more about the programmes by visiting http://www.partnershipforchildren.org.uk
Date: Thursday 4th July 2019 9am – 4pm; lunch and refreshments included.
Venue: Underwood West Academy, Newcastle Street, Crewe, CW1 3LF.
Cost: £40 per teacher.
*Resources to deliver the programmes can be purchased from Partnership for Children following the training; a full Zippy’s Friends set is £325 and a full Apple’s Friends set is £250.
Course Leader: Sue Greenbank, Accredited Zippy’s Friends trainer.
To Book: please complete the booking form below and return it to Rachel email@example.com